Frequently Asked Questions
1. I love what you’re doing, how can I get involved?
We love that you love what we are doing!
You can find us on:
- Instagram & Twitter: @lickhome
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lickhome
Our careers page is here https://apply.workable.com/lick-home-ltd/
And if you just want to speak to a human about partnering, collaborating or to give us some feedback, please email email@example.com and a member of our customer service team will make sure the right person gets it.
2. What happens if what I ordered is out of stock?
Due to high demand, occasionally some of our products do go out of stock. We are constantly monitoring our stock levels, and we usually expect to replenish any product line within a couple of weeks. If you have placed a pre-order for an item that is out of stock and it looks like it will take longer than expected to get it to you, will will let you know and offer you the option of a full refund.
3. How can I get a paint pot sample?
Here at Lick, we think that the days of messy and annoying paint pot samples are numbered. Instead, all of our samples come in the form of peel-and-stick patches made with real paint or wallpaper, so that you can move your samples around your room and see them in different light.
You can order your samples for just £1 each, with free next day delivery in the UK - so start your Lick journey and pick up some samples here.
4. How much paint do I need?
Funny you should ask. We’ve created a nifty paint calculator that tells you how much of each paint you will need to cover your space. Simply choose which paint you want, choose the texture, and then under the “add paint to cart” button there is a calculator that will tell you how many cans you need based on the size of your space.
5. How much wallpaper do I need?
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten the wallpaper! Our calculator (located just below the “add to cart” button) will tell you how much wallpaper to order based on the size of your room. Remember, each wallpaper design is different - so do use our calculator to double-check the most appropriate quantity to buy.
6. Do I need to apply primer (or anything else) before painting with Lick paint?
Our paint is self-priming and is designed to cover any room in up to two coats. So there is no need for a primer or finisher.
We do recommend that you prepare your surfaces properly before painting, and if you are painting onto fresh plaster then we advise you to first apply mist coat at 30% dilution (70% paint, 30% water), to prepare your walls prior to painting. This also goes for any other absorbent surfaces that you may be painting on - for example new, unvarnished woods.
For loads of handy tips, tricks and best practice from experienced interior designers and decorators, check out our Tips and Tricks page.
7. What surfaces can I use Lick paint on?
Our paint is designed to be used across multiple surfaces within the house, from walls and skirting to boards to doors and ceilings. If you’re worried about whether our paint is appropriate for any particular surface or location, we’ve set out all the possible uses of our paint below.
We’ve also written this useful guide on painting across different surfaces, check it out.
Lick paint is appropriate for indoor use across the following surfaces:
- Wood - doors, furniture, trim/skirting and cornicing
- Previously painted walls
- Wallpapered walls
- Floors (even when it’s not an accident)
- Metal (although you may need to use a primer)
- Brick and mortar
- Kids, cats, dogs and hamsters (please don’t)
8. What do I need so I can apply your wallpaper, and how can I do it?
Our wallpaper should be applied with our Lick wallpaper adhesive, which is sold separately. We’ve put together this super helpful article on the best way to hang wallpaper, and we also provide wallpaper kits to help set you up for wallpaper success.
9. Where does Lick ship to and how much does it cost?
We provide next-day delivery to the following areas:
- For samples delivered to a UK postal address we offer free next day delivery. For samples to a non-UK address within Europe we offer £1.00 international delivery within 3-5 working days.
- The whole of the whole of the UK mainland (excluding Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, but including the Isle of Wight) for £5, and free shipping on orders of £50.00.
- Other destinations outside of the UK Mainland and within Europe for £20, with free delivery on orders over £150.00.
- Unfortunately we do not currently ship outside of the UK and Europe (inc. EU + Switzerland and Norway).
10. When will my order ship and when will it arrive?
If you order before 1pm then we aim to get your order to you the next day, and for orders after 1pm this may arrive the day after.
Orders placed on the weekend can take slightly longer to arrive.
11. How can I change my shipping address?
Because we’re working at light speed to get your order to you, we only allow changes to your delivery address up to 15 minutes after it has been placed. Any later and we may have dispatched your order already! If you would like to change your delivery address please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Do you deliver to P.O. Boxes?
Unfortunately, because we ship via DHL we are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes.
13. How can I track my order?
Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an automated email from our carrier informing you of your order tracking number and key details. You can update your delivery preferences via the link provided in that email, as well as track the progress of that order.
14. I want to speak to someone about my order, how can I get in touch?
Please email email@example.com and a member of our customer service team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss your order.
ORDERS & RETURNS
15. I want to return something I’ve ordered, what do I need to do?
Please see our Shipping & Returns Policy for an explanation of next steps. If you can’t find the answer to your question(s) in our returns policy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our customer support team will get back to you.
16. My order has arrived and is damaged, what do I do?
We’re sorry that your order has been damaged. Please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com and a member of our customer service team will be in touch with you jiffy to help resolve your issue.
17. How do I check the status of my order?
You can check the status of your order by logging in to your Lick account and going to “Order History”.
18. Can I change or cancel my order?
Because we seek to fulfil orders the day that they are placed, we allow changes to shipping addresses up to 15 minutes after you submit your order. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes.
You have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days after you have placed it, and so if you wish to cancel your order more than 15 minutes after you have submitted it, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible and we will process this for you.
PAYMENT & BILLING
19. When will my credit or debit card be charged?
Your credit or debit card will be charged the moment that we have accepted your order and processed your payment. You will receive an order confirmation email (Payment Confirmation) once this step is complete.
20. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept card payments from American Express, Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, as well as payment via Klarna (to launch soon).
21. Is my payment secure?
Yes, our site is configured so that your payment is 100% secure and where you choose to save your payment details later these are stored safely and encrypted.